* GST is a comprehensive revenue enhancement on industry. sale and ingestion of goods and services at a national degree and aimed to take the cascading consequence of revenue enhancement. standardize the procedural facet and make a individual. incorporate Indian market to beef up the economic system. * Its effectual execution would alter the revenue enhancement disposal and the mode of carry oning concern in India. In short. the GST is likely to be a game modifier for the industry.
* GST is a revenue enhancement on supply of goods and services.
* It is proposed to implement double GST in India.
* GST would be applicable to all the industry except intoxicant. crude oil merchandises and power. * However. bit by bit. these sectors may besides be included within the scope of GST.
WHEN IS GST LIKELY TO BE IMPLEMENTED?
* Sing the advancement made boulder clay day of the month. execution before 1st April 2013 seems improbable. * The Industry expects the Finance Minister to come up with a certain day of the month for execution of GST in the Union Budget 2012-13.
WHAT COULD Be THE RATE OF GST?
* The aim of GST was to hold one individual rate across the state for all goods and services. * However. after changeless deliberation between the States and the Centre. it was decided to hold two rates for goods i. e. concessional and standard rate along with a list of exempted goods. * The criterion and concessional rate of GST on goods for the first three old ages from the day of the month of execution of GST would be Services are nevertheless likely to be taxed @ 16 % ( 8+8 ) under the GST government.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GST AND THE CURRENT INDIRECT TAX REGIME?
* With the debut of GST. the nonexempt event would switch to provide of goods and services. Thus. even branch transportations would be capable to GST. * Under GST. the cascading consequence. that is. revenue enhancement on revenue enhancement. would be removed. The base for ciphering SGST and CGST would stay the same unlike presently where VAT is collectible on sale monetary value plus the excise responsibility.
WHAT ARE THE TAXES THAT ARE LIKELY TO BE SUBSUMED IN GST?
Taxs proposed to be subsumed under SGST and CGST are
* Purchase revenue enhancement: The nutrient grain-producing provinces felt that they are acquiring significant gross from purchase revenue enhancement and. hence. it should non be subsumed under GST. while others were of the contrary position. THE Following CENTRAL TAXES SHOULD BE BEGIN WITH. SUBSUMED UNDER THE GOODS AND SERVICES TAX.
* ( I ) Central Excise Duty
* ( two ) Additional Excise Duties
* ( three ) The Excise Duty levied under the Medicinal and
* Toiletries Preparation Act
* ( four ) Service Tax
* ( V ) Additional Customs Duty. normally known as
* Offseting Duty ( CVD )
* ( six ) Special Additional Duty of Customs – 4 % ( SAD )
* ( seven ) Surcharges. and Cesses.
Following State TAXES AND LEVIES WOULD BE. TO BEGIN WITH
* subsumed under GST:
* ( I ) VAT / Gross saless revenue enhancement
* ( two ) Entertainment revenue enhancement ( unless it is levied by the local * organic structures ) .
* ( three ) Luxury revenue enhancement
* ( four ) Taxes on lottery. betting and gaming.
* ( V ) State Cesses and Surcharges in so far as they
* relate to provide of goods and services.
* ( six ) Entry revenue enhancement non in stead of Octroi.
HOW WILL GST BENEFIT INDUSTRY. Trade AND AGRICULTURE?
* As GST will give more alleviation to industry. trade and agribusiness through a more comprehensive and broad coverage of input revenue enhancement set-off. subsuming of several Central and State revenue enhancements in the GST and phasing out of CST. * The transparent and complete concatenation of set-offs will assist widen revenue enhancement base. accomplish better revenue enhancement conformity. lower revenue enhancement load on an mean trader in industry. trade and agribusiness.
KEY FEATURES OF INDIAN GST STRUCTURE
* Comprehensive coverage of supply of goods and services except few exempted goods and services
* Similar revenue enhancement intervention for goods and services
* Identical revenue enhancement intervention for inter-state and intra-state supplies
* Common categorization by Center every bit good as all provinces
* Export & A ; Supply to SEZ ( Processing country ) zero rated
* Same nonexempt value base for calculating Central and State GST hence no cascading impact of revenue enhancement.
* Similar conformity for Central & A ; State GST.
* Uniform returns and aggregation process for cardinal and State GST
* Cross Credit non allowed between Central GST and State GST
* Check station at province boundaries may go on but will go irrelevant in due class with IGST.
* The GST will be levied on imports with necessary Constitutional Amendments. Both CGST and SGST will be levied on import of goods and services into the state.
Can IT BE THE GAME CHANGER FOR THE GOVT. ?
Yes. it can be the Game Changer because of the Following Facts and Figures…… . * It is estimated that the GST will add about $ 500 billion to India’s GDP over the following 10 old ages. * Estimated that it will increase India’s GDP by approximately 0. 9 % to 1. 7 % a twelvemonth one time implemented. * It will convey a big part of India’s unreported economic system into the revenue enhancement cyberspace and will take down the incidence of revenue enhancement on the legitimate economic system. * By extinguishing country based freedoms and falsifying province revenue enhancements. it will enable larger individual location investings and will better the efficiency of capital.